Monday, October 6, 2008

Precious Memories

Marathon entry fee $60.00

Hotel stay $85.00

Gas driving there $100.00

Spraining your knee five miles into the race
in the pouring rain after having slept on a bed
harder than the floor, listening to your six year
snore all night . Then driving home five hours in
the pouring rain while your oldest child is in the
back seat barfing into the ice bucket you stole
from the hotel room....
PRICELESS.

10 comments:

Queen of the Hill said...

Sounds fun! At least your weekend wasn't boring.

mandmstrong said...

What a bummer, Steve. Hopefully it's not a serious injury. I have fond memories of the St. George marathon. (Mike)

Randy said...

My recommendation Shan: A little more training from you so you don't sprain your knee five miles into the race! What were you doing?

HollyWood said...

Oh, that makes me raff! Who did you feel more sorry for, AJ or honey buns?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we found eachothers blog.
Okay crazy story. That must have been the St. George marathan. Bummer!!!

Kristi Amasio said...

That sucks! Who was running the race, you or Steve? Sounds like a miserable weekend. Hope you have a better one this weekend. :)

Unknown said...

At least he didn't fall 30 ft. from the finish line....

wade said...

That comment from "Samantha" was totally inappropriate! Plus it was more like 100 feet from the finish line, which is enough pavement to make your knees bleed. I do have to say that your next marathon couldn't be any worse (as long as you don't fall before the finish line). But if you do, there will be a nice wheelchair waiting for you, and some nice person will take a picture of you and place it prominently in the Salt Lake Tribune. :)

Todd said...

How did Samantha get your blog? Have to admit her comment was pretty funny. Poor Stevey, he gets hurt everytime. I think he better stick with me watching other people run the race from the side of the road while eating an Albertson's French bread.

Todd

Kristi Amasio said...

Shannon. I don't know all of the details of their adoption. I do know they are running into a few snags. You'll have to email them. They'll remember you. It's kellycherish@gmail.com. They are actually trying to find families to adopt some other siblings.