Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Staple It Together


B. decided to fall head first off the couch.I turned my head just in time to see him smack his head right onto the corner of the table. I knew before I ran over to pick him up that I would be heading to the emergency room. Why do these things always seem to happen late at night and when the hubby is out of town. I called my mom and she met me at the emergency room. I'm not sure what makes this little guy so tuff. Maybe being born at just over 2lbs. and being poked by doctors early on and through out his little life has made him extra tuff. But, this kid just sat still and told us everything that was on his Christmas list while the Dr. took a needle and stuck it in his head - several times!! Then they just stapled it back together. Looks a little like Frankenstein!


At the end of the night he was numbed up and feeling good. Telling me how happy he was to have this gigantic syringe and that if he hadn't gotten hurt he wouldn't have such a great new toy for the bath tub. The glass is always half full for this kid!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That happy spirit will come in very valuble in his life. Cute little tough guy!!

mandmstrong said...

What a cute kid! I love the picture at the end. Boston has a big scar on the back of his head where it was stapled together. It must be the Strong in them : )

Grandma S. said...

Oh my goodness. Get better soon, Ben. Grandpa went to the doctor to have a growth on his nose removed, and he ha a great big scab on his nose. We'll have to see whose injury is the biggest. You are one tough dude!

Danielle Strong said...

Ouch!I'd say get well soon, but he seems to be fine with it. I think my girls missed out on that tough Strong gene.

Jennifer Bergam said...

I couldn't help but imagine him just rubbing his head and saying that it hurt, but not crying one bit. He's the toughest little boy I've ever met!

Queen of the Hill said...

Can he teach Mr T a thing or two? Seriously, we apparently missed out on that gene.