Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reporting to Ethiopia....

We have our official travel date. Unfortunately we were not able to get the earlier embassy appointment. We are now scheduled to go in the Feb. 11th travel group.  Our paper work expires within days of our embassy appointment so we continue to pray that once we are there everything goes according to plan. We are excited to go and can't wait to have our whole family together, at last.

9 comments:

scooping it up said...

Oh man, I really hope it goes smoothly. Good luck and take lots of pictures on your trip!!

Grandma S. said...

Can't wait to meet everyone. I am so excited!!

HollyWood said...

Darnit. It's still exciting to have it just around the corner.

mandmstrong said...

HIP HIP HURRAY!!! I'm so excited you have a date. You will be together for Valentines! What a special way to celebrate giving loves to your sweet new children.

Queen of the Hill said...

Yay, we're so excited for you. We can't wait to meet those beautiful children.

penny said...

Praying for you all.

Kristi Amasio said...

Good luck Shannon! I hope everything goes well!!

Sha Zam- said...

This is very exciting! Very very exciting!!

Sha Zam- said...

Yup. I tried to just make an extra hole-- but all I had in ET was a jack knife. In ended up being a slice and went down alot fast than I hoped- so try makeing the holes bigger at home before you go. they are used to gulping anyway. I through that one away and the one at home is less fast but he's adjusted. Good Luck and Have FUN!!! My best advice for first week together--- bond--- be the cooing playful mom- don't try to 'make rules' or 'teach lessons' or any of that stuff. Doesn't matter there and you get to build a positive foundation. Plenty of time for all the other stuff. He was eating crap off the floor loooong before he met me- and he's going to be dewormed anyway--- so have fun and ENJOY!!