Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wishing and hoping and praying...

I check our agency's forum at least 3 times a day - looking for any post that has the "R" word in it. We sit at # 2 on the "unofficial" list. (The person who is #1 is also waiting for a sibling referral). I have mentioned a time or 12 that I'm really not a very patient person. That is Steve's department. But how much patience can one girl be expected to have. I just don't want to wait anymore. We just want to get on with our lives, move forward. Stop living in limbo. The last couple of weeks have been slow. There have been a few single infant referrals, but not siblings. It's really hard waking up and thinking and hoping and praying that today will be the day - only to go to bed thinking and hoping and praying that tomorrow could be the day. It's exhausting really. Some day this will all make sense. Some day we will forget the wait and the moment that phone call comes everything will be as it should be. But really , CALL ALREADY! I hate having to raise my voice.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!! Hope it comes super fast!!

Jewel said...

And I'm wishing and hoping and praying for you too. :)

Grandma S. said...

I can't wait either!! Prayers coming your way!!

Queen of the Hill said...

I know when you get those babies it will be worth all the wait. They are going to be some lucky kids!

scooping it up said...

I am a random reader (well, not too random, Becky Strong was my best friend when I lived in Dallas and I saw your blog linked on hers) we are finishing our dossier to send to Ethiopia, and I am a big admirer of all folks going through the process. It is quite an emotional ride. I am crossing my fingers for you.

mandmstrong said...

We think about you all the time and are wishing and hoping and praying for you too : )

Kristi Amasio said...

I feel for you. I can guess that it must feel like when you want to get pregnant so bad and keep having your period. Sucks! Good luck girl. We are crossing our fingers for you!!!:)

Andrea said...

Aubrey's comment cracked me up! If she really left that, she's a little mommy in disguise! I loved it!