Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mourning our loss

My doorbell rang a couple of nights ago and when I answered the door the cute little neighbor boys asked if I knew that the tree in my front yard had split in half and was now laying over my walk way and windows.
What the ?
The wind strom that was raging through our neighborhood had taken our rather large shade tree with it!

Yup, split right in half. One of our neighbors said that he thought it was the first tree the previous owners planted about 10 years ago.
Our other neighbor asked if he could come and take the tree down, remove all the branches and put them in his wood chipper if he could keep the wood and the mulch.
Umm, yeah.


Now we are left with this sad little stump like the one at the end of the Giving Tree. Do you know that book? Sad little stump trying hard to shade our west facing front yard.


6 comments:

Danielle Strong said...

Ha,it is exactly the giving tree stump. I love your new picture title.

heather said...

NO SHADE FOR YOU...said in the Soup Nazi's voice.
It's about time you updated your blog. And you give me crap? The pics turned out cute. You need to email me the ones of my kids.

mandmstrong said...

That is sad, I love a good shade tree. I also LOVE your new header.

mandmstrong said...

Love that book. Bummer on the shade though. (Mike)

B said...

My kids don't like the book about the giving tree. They think it is sad. I remember feeling the same way as a kid.
Bradford Pear trees don't seem to be very sturdy in the storms. We get several big storms each year and those are always the ones I see laying in the street afterwards. I have two in the front yard that I worry about every time.

Kristi Amasio said...

How sad! That sucks, I'm sorry. Hey have you heard anymore about your adoptions? Cherish just got back from a 2 week trip to Ethiopia, but no kids yet. They are hoping by Sept.