Saturday, March 7, 2009

One year and sitll waiting

Well, today we have been waiting exactly a year from our official dossier approval. We never thought when we started that we would still be waiting. When we began paperwork the wait times were around 4 - 6 months, after your final approval. Then it was 6 - 9 months and now they are at 12 months - and may go up from there. The wait time for sibling sets are undefined - they don't come into the orphanage as regularly as a single child.

So - the wait gives you a lot of time to think. I wonder about a lot of things. But mostly I wonder who these precious children will be. I wonder how I can love two people on the other side of the world I have never met and know nothing about. I wonder about their birth mother, who, for whatever reason, won't be able to raise them and how I will be given the opportunity to do it for her. What an awesome responsibility. I wonder if they are in the orphanage yet or if the tragic event that will put them there still has yet to happen. My heart aches at their suffering and I long to have them in my arms. But, I know it is not in my hands. It is in the Lords hands. It is His time frame, according to His will. He knows all things and He knows what is best.

So I will wait.

Today is also a day to be celebrated. Today my nephew Dereje (home 10 months from ET) will be sealed to my sister and her family.


6 comments:

Kristi Amasio said...

That's great about your sister's sealing today. Remember when we went to Ana's sealing to Sela. That was awesome! I'm excited for you to get your kids. Your such a great Mom, these kids are going to be so blessed to be in your household.

mandmstrong said...

You have such a BIG heart! I'm so excited for your sweet family to grow. The children who will be comming to join your family are so lucky to be going to a home filled with so much love.

Anonymous said...

I hate waiting!!! Some special little once have no idea the amazing home they get to come to!

Queen of the Hill said...

We can't wait for them to come. I pray for them often and for you as well. It's so hard to do things on the Lord's time, but you are right. It's in his hands and it will be worth it!

Grandma S. said...

Beautifully spoken! We love you and pray for all of you daily (including two cute grandchildren we already love but haven't met).

Queen Lisa said...

Maybe the waiting will make your uniting even more treasured...